$90-150 per 50-minute session.
Occasionally, we are able to offer sessions with an intern at a reduced rate. If this is of interest to you, please ask for further details upon intake.
Due to the increasing time and paperwork required to participate in health insurance networks, THRIVE has chosen to limit the number of networks in which we participate. In short, we’d much rather DO the work we are passionate about rather than chase insurance companies for months to get paid!
The following are the plans we currently accept:
- Aetna Better Health of New Jersey
- AMERIGROUP New Jersey, Inc.
- Horizon NJ Health
- United Healthcare Community Plan
Even if your current health insurance provider is not among those listed, it is possible that mental health services may be partially reimbursed. Please contact your provider to verify your plan’s policy on out-of-network providers for psychotherapy services.
If you are considering paying out-of-pocket, consider the following:
What are the benefits of paying privately for counseling versus using insurance?
- You choose the therapist best suited to your needs rather than the insurance company telling you who to see.
- You have flexibility in the type of therapy, who to include in the therapy session and the length of services.
- You will have complete confidentiality. Your records will not be shared with anyone without your permission. In fact, no one else will know you are even in therapy unless you tell them!
- You will be able to stay with your therapist even if your insurance plan coverage changes.
You can set your priorities for what is most important.
We find the money to pay for what’s important. We pay cash for important services like car repairs, club memberships and salon visits, all of which are valuable services but meet only short-term needs. If it seems you can’t afford weekly or bi-weekly therapy sessions for a period of time (therapy does not have to be a long-term commitment), there might be ways of re-prioritizing expenses to address this important service. A few adjustments to your family budget may ensure that you can receive the professional counseling that is needed to help make life-long changes.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. We are unable to carry balances forward. Payment is expected at the time of service.
Life happens. We get it. And, our clinicians make you their top priority. We ask that you treat your appointments with the same degree of importance. If a true emergency arises, we ask for 24-48 hours advanced notice to cancel a session. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
*** Please note: If sessions are continually missed or cancelled, you will lose your standing time and your file will be closed.